Writer – Cinematic Courses and Documentaries
Are you driven by a burning desire to create non-fiction films that transform lives for the Kingdom? Are you serious about documentaries and have a few benchmark films under your belt? Do you think like an editor and cross examine facts like a detective? Are you naturally analytic and highly creative – that is, you think outside of the box, but you also like to investigate and organize those boxes? If you said yes to all these, read on.
As a Christian-based film company, we’re looking for the next super-duper writer who can help us develop a series of new, killer cinematic courses on par with our flagship project, the Conquer Series. Help us become as big as our dreams and, as a result, you will too! That’s the power of working with a team of filmmakers who actually produce great work.
Here’s what year one looks like.
- Write content and organize the narrative vision for our new film courses
- Find, and collaborate with, contributors
- Conduct high-level research and fact-checking
- Script scenes for cinematic segments, VO and pieces-to-camera
- Interview world-leading experts and influencers on shoots, as needed
- Create and manage offline edits to help our editor make sense of all the data
- Work with and drink coffee with our Chief Creative Writer, ensuring the quality and content of our products align with the KingdomWorks Studios brand and messaging
- Pitch original ideas that we can turn into epic film courses, docuseries and documentaries
For a non-fiction writer of Christian material, this is the stuff dreams are made of: writing powerful, beautiful films that impact lives for generations.
Desired Skills & Experience If you can accomplish the above, you’ve got what it takes. Realistically though, we need someone who’s already written or produced excellent nonfiction films (kind of adds credibility). Having a background in journalism is a plus, but not a must, as long as you can spot what’s relevant in an ocean of information and seamlessly weave together an entire factual film like a first-rate symphony conductor.
Company Overview At KingdomWorks Studios, we produce top quality Christian media products, from church cinematic studies to documentaries and feature films. We believe that film is a powerful and effective tool to reach the lost and hurting with the message of Jesus Christ. As visual storytellers, we’re passionate about Christian film and communicating stories to reach the world. Our sister company, Burly Man Coffee, operates out of the same building, so if you're a coffee drinker, we'll keep you well-caffeinated! Burly Man Coffee is an online coffee subscription service that supports struggling single moms and families.
This is a full-time position that requires that you work out of our Stuart-based offices in Florida.
Send us samples of your non-fiction films and published written work. We will not consider applications that do not provide samples of their work.