Production Coordinator – Film & Documentary
The Producer comes to you with a last-minute request: “We need a fighter jet on set in a week. Oh, and this is a no-budget scene.” Do you:
- A) Run around like a headless chicken before ranting out your list of excuses for why it can’t and shouldn’t be done?
- B) Scour the internet for fighter jets and once you’ve hit your 27th road block, you share your predicament on social media before throwing in the towel?
- C) Keep calm, evaluate the situation and gather all your resourcefulness to come up with a creative solution?
If you picked C, congratulations! For one thing, you’re not a [typical] millennial or Gen Z – if you happen to be one! You could also possibly be the next rock star we’re looking to join our creative team.
As a film company that focuses on Christian productions, we’re seeking a self-starting, ambitious Production Coordinator with PROVEN EXPERIENCE in organizing and managing sterling film projects. You need to have an eye for quality and lots of creativity that helps you think outside of the box. Experience in long-form documentaries and feature films is an advantage, but not a must. However, you must be a creative problem solver and a meticulous planner with a lot of tenacity and optimism.
As a company, our mission is to use the medium of film to change and heal lives for the Kingdom. Help us becomes as big as our dreams and, as a result, you will too. That’s the power of working with a team of creative filmmakers who produce great work.
For a Production Coordinator of Christian films, this is the stuff dreams are made of: producing benchmark films that impact lives.
Here’s what year one looks like:
- Coordinate the productions for our new cinematic courses. These new films are on par with our flagship project, the Conquer Series
- Liaise with different departments during pre-production and production
- Cast actors and extras for the cinematic scenes
- Gain access to contributors and locations
- Film on set, locally, and throughout the U.S., as needed
- Run the production office
- Build strong relationships and negotiate with external contractors and vendors
- Chat and hang out with our production team, ensuring the quality and content of our productions are in alignment with the KingdomWorks Studios brand and messaging.
This is not a job for the faint of heart, but for someone who truly aspires to build a career in film - possibly a Producer role in the near future.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
If you can accomplish the above, you may have what it takes. Realistically though, we need someone who's already coordinated or produced high quality films: fiction or non-fiction (kind of adds credibility).
At KingdomWorks Studios, we produce top quality Christian media products, from church cinematic studies to documentaries and feature films. We believe that film is a powerful and effective tool to reach the lost and hurting with the message of Jesus Christ. As visual storytellers, we’re passionate about Christian film and communicating stories to reach the world. Our sister company, Burly Man Coffee, operates out of the same building, so if you're a coffee drinker, we'll keep you well-caffeinated! Burly Man Coffee is an online coffee subscription service that supports struggling single moms and families.
This is a full-time position that requires that you work out of our Stuart-based offices in Florida.
Send us links to the productions you're most proud of and tell us your involvement in them. We will not consider applications that do not provide samples of their work.