Creative Writer - Freelance
We are looking for a creative writer who can assist our production team in script writing for our cinematic film series.
Who is KingdomWorks Studios?
We are a small but fast growing team. At KingdomWorks Studios, we’re passionate about telling stories visually and engaging our audiences emotionally. This is our strength. We’re also known for our top quality film products and original content. You can watch the trailer for our last film project here: https://vimeo.com/84189628
With every product, we bring something new to the table. We’re not afraid to tackle unpopular topics or technically challenging productions. And we never compromise on the content or quality of our work. We produce top quality Christian media products, from feature films, documentaries to church DVD teaching curriculums, study guides and other written material. Our studio is laid-back and casual. We like to hang out at lunch and play ping-pong. But when the deadlines are looming and customers are calling we know how to get to work. You should too.
Learn more about us and the work we do at KingdomWorks.com
What will you be working on?
KingdomWorks Studios is a Christian-based film production company. We have developed DVD teaching series for churches. Our first DVD series, the Conquer Series is a great success, used by churches in over 65 countries. Over 450,000 people have participated in the course. In the next year we will be releasing three new series.
As creative writer you will assist with the script development and completion of a new cinematic teaching series for betrayed wives in the Christian community. This project is the women’s counterpart to our flagship product, the Conquer Series.
We are looking for a writer who possesses the talent and experience in writing fictional screenplays as well as producing off-line edits consisting of large volumes of data.
As a writer, you will collaborate with the Chief Creative Writer, ensuring the quality and content of our scripts are in alignment with the KingdomWorks Studios brand and messaging.
This is a contract-based position where you can work from the convenience of your home.
- Conceive and write short fictional scripts under the direction of the Chief Creative Writer and our creative team.
- Assist with the production of offline edits for the new series.
- Evaluate scripts and off-line edits and provide constructive feedback to internal production partners.
- Exhibit out-of-the-box thinking and breakthrough creativity.
- Deliver scripts and all other written materials on time.
- A minimum of four years experience writing for TV, film or videos.
- Proven writing skills in fictional writing.
- Strong editorial skills is a must.
- Familiarity with post-production and a background in TV or film production is a plus.
- Must display a commitment to excellence.
- Must be a great team player and communicator, as you will be collaborating with and be accountable to our creative team.
- Windows 2000, Word and Final Draft experience is highly desirable.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects under tight deadlines.